I’m a book-challenges addict, so it was for sure I was going to join in some of them in the English blog-o-sphere. And here is the first.
The 2013 to-be-read pile Challenge has been organised by Adam, and you can read the challenge instructions here.
You have to choose 12 books of your To-Be-Read Pile which have been released in a date before the 1st of January of 2012, and that are in your shelves since more than a year ago too – I think Adam will check it. The next step is to write the list in you blog, with two alternates in case you don’t like any of the books and you have to put them down. And finally, you have to link your post in the application form of Adam’s post.
So here is my 2013 TBR Pile Challenge list:
1. El bolígrafo de gel verde, by Eloy Moreno
2. Inés y la alegría, by Almudena Grandes
3. La casa de los amores imposibles (The house of impossible loves), by Cristina López Barrio
4. Ecos del pasado (An echo in the bone), by Diana Gabaldon
5. Memorias de África (Out of Africa), by Isak Dinesen
6. 1Q84, books 1 and 2, by Haruki Murakami
7. La extraña desaparición de Esme Lennox (The vanishing act of Esme Lennox), by Maggie O’Farrell
8. Vida y destino (Life and fate), by Vasili Grossman
9. La caída de los gigantes (Fall of giants), by Ken Follett
10. Con el corazón en la mano (The other hand), by Chris Cleave
11. La tierra de las cuevas pintadas (The land of painted caves), by Jean M. Auel
12. Colinas negras (Black Hills), by Nora Roberts
13. La cúpula (Under the dome), by Stephen King
14. El asesinato de Roger Ackroyd (The murder of Roger Ackroyd), by Agatha Christie
All the titles except two are available in English and Spanish, so I think I will review them all in this blog. Those other two I’m sure they will be reviewed at least in my Spanish blog, so I can link the review there.
And if you complete the challenge, you will enter in a giveaway: the prize is a $50 gift card from Amazon.com or The book depository.
Good luck to the participants!