This is my first classics spin, how exciting!
In case anybody doesn’t know what it is about, I will summarize the rules: you have to choose 20 titles from your classics list (here is mine) and make a list with them. Next Monday a number will be chosen randomly and you have to read and review that especific book before July 1st (there will be a check point by this date).
This is really easy for me because I only have read one book of my list, so here we go:
- Agatha Christie: The murder of Roger Ackroyd
- Charlotte Brontë: Jane Eyre
- Dominique Lapierre: City of joy
- Edith Wharton: The house of mirth
- Emilia Pardo Bazán: Cuentos de amor
- Gabriel García Márquez: One hundred years of solitude
- George Orwell: Burmese days *
- Isak Dinesen: Out of Africa
- Kurt Vonnegut: Slaughterhouse 5 *
- Lajos Zilahy: Century in scarlet
- Robert Louis Stevenson: Doctor Jeckyll and Mr Hide
- Oscar Wilde: The picture of Dorian Gray
- Umberto Eco: The name of the rose
- Virginia Woolf: To the lighthouse
- Edith Wharton: Xingu
- Isaac Asimov: A short history of chemistry
- Margaret Mitchell: Gone with the wind
- Pearl S. Buck: East wind, west wind
- Stefan Zweig: Three Masters: Balzac, Dickens, Dostoeffsky
- Stefan Zweig: World of yesterday
* I have an English copy of these books. The rest are in Spanish.
Which one will be chosen? I can’t wait to know it!